Saturday, December 14, 2013

Santa Visit #2

Our Country Club does a fantastic dinner with Santa every year. It is chaos with all of the kids running around, but it is just such a wonderful night and one we look forward to every year.  I know this sounds so cheesy, but I just love it!

We had to take a few pictures before leaving the house...




I just feel like a little boy in a bowtie and a sport coat is too cute for words. 

We stopped for a picture on the stairs going into the club too...



We all arrived and Santa walked in jingling bells and singing a song.  The kids froze in their place-- the same as every other year-- and they were in awe staring at him. 

There were a few other little guys in blazers this year-- so so cute:


I am starting to see the end of the tunnel for the terrible twos-- we are still IN them, but I think I can see the end of the tunnel...maybe? He has been sweet to me lately and I am clinging to these sweet moments!


All the cousins were there and we had to try for a photo op.... Cal was SO happy-- can you tell??


There was quite a line to see Santa and the boys did such a great job waiting.  Cal actually held our place in line-- ha! He was standing with a group of about 5 boys and they were all so so good waiting! That is not easy for a bunch of boys to do!

Cal walked right up to Santa-- every time he is around Santa, he turns into this soft spoken, sweet little thing.  It is heart warming to say the least.  This time, he told Santa he wanted a race car track and a bike.  

Andy was pretty sure he wasn't going to have anything to do with Santa.  But then he spotted Santa's bells and he was hooked.  He wanted those bells.  Inch by inch he got closer and closer until he was holding the bells.  Then he warmed right up to the guy in red and was chatting his ear off.


Soooo.... on the way to school Wednesday morning, I said to Andy: "Andy, tonight when you see Santa, he is going to ask you what you want for Christmas. Do you know what you want?"
Andy replied: "yes. Boobies."

I have NO idea where this came from or why he said that to me-- I was kind of in shock! ha! I took a video and posted to instagram (of course).

Needless to say, I was more than a little worried when he saw Santa what he would say when Santa asked what he wanted.

He said, "I want BIG BIG.....big boy bike!"

PHEW.

After each kid had their individual turns with Santa, we attempted a cousin shot again-- I think it turned out pretty cute! Notice Andy made it to the lap-- he was getting more and more comfortable!


After dinner, I got a picture of Cal with his best buddy, Brad.  These two are so cute together-- I hope they always stay friends.  Brad just makes me so happy! Love his smile!


Speaking of smiles-- this was Cal on the way home! He was SO happy! He had the best time and kept saying how great of a night it was! Oh, one last thing so I won't forget-- when he was getting dressed and I put on the bow tie, he said, "it's like we are getting married, mommy!" and I wanted to cry.  These boys have me so wrapped around their little fingers!


And, finally, the instagram picture I posted with the caption: "Cal looking all angelic while Andy is trying to figure out how to steal Santa's bells...."


Loved getting to do this dinner again with such great friends!

 

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS