Saturday, December 14, 2013

Oh, Christmas Tree

Normally we get our tree the Sunday after Thanksgiving-- since we were still in Texas, we weren't able to get it until the following weekend.  We got up on Saturday morning and headed to the tree lot.  Cal and I were going to see the Grinch at 10, so we had to get there and get the tree. 

It was COLD-- finally! It's been so mild here-- it was nice to get a Christmas tree and have it feel like Christmas!


Standing in front of the winning tree! Eddie picked it out this year-- and we all loved it!


They put the tree on a huge tree shaker thing to get off all of the excess needles-- this terrified the boys.  I loved having both of them snuggle on me while watching their tree.  They make me so happy.


After the Grinch, Eddie and I put the tree up-- this is when Eddie started saying (over and over and over again) "this tree is too big. this is in sane.  this tree is ridiculous.  i can't believe we got a tree this size.  this is in sane."

Now.  Scroll on up just a smidge to see who picked out the tree.  I rest my case.  


We trimmed off some of the bottom branches and got to decorating...


I love our tree and think it's pretty perfect!

 Now it feels-- and smells!-- like Christmas in our house!!!

 

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS