Thursday, August 15, 2013

Well, hello, BLOG!

I haven't blogged in FOREVER it feels. I was having all kinds of computer problems which slowed down the picture importing process (and was a total pain).  I ran out of room on my hard drive on my computer, so I bought an external hard drive.  I called the tech person to help me convert it to a mac and then did what he said-- drag and drop your pictures onto the icon and then you are set to delete the pictures from your computer.  So, I dragged and dropped and deleted and then emptied trash cans in iPhoto AND on my desktop-- all to attempt to free up more space on my computer..... and then, with 2 albums to go, it dawned I me that I should probably go check to see if the pictures were actually ON the hard drive, and low and behold THEY WEREN'T.  Some of them were-- about 1000 of the 4000 I transferred. 

Good times, right? I called the person back who helped me set the thing up and the new guy I spoke with said "well, it's always a good idea to back up your pictures with an external hard drive-- why wouldn't you do that?" I wanted to reach through the screen and SCREAM: "THAT IS WHAT I WAS DOING!!!" but that didn't seem to be effective. 

So, anyway, needless to say, I freed up a TON of space on my computer! ha! I am about to knock out a bunch of posts..... boom. 

 

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS