Thursday, August 15, 2013

iPhone pics from Mexico

I didn't have service on my phone in Mexico, so I took very limited pictures-- I took more videos than anything else, but I did take pictures in airports, etc, and I thought those were funny and worth sharing...

(also, since I lost so many pictures from my computer, I am trying to keep pictures on the blog...)


Packing for the trip-- I would walk away from the boys' suitcase, and Cal would "help me" by adding cars in:


Right after checking in at RDU-- Mexico, here we come!!!

Trying to keep Andy in one spot at the airport-- he was FULL of energy!

Giving thumbs up, ready to board first flight!

If you read back to my Mexico post, here is evidence of Andy's entertainment on the plane...



I thought he looked so cute in these huge headphones.  They didn't stay on, which infuriated him.  I need to find some kid sized ones for our next trip (13 more sleeps!)

The next picture is after our quick layover in Dallas.  Andy didn't have time to finish eating his Happy Meal so he munch on his apple slices on the plane...

Eddie had his phone on him one night and I had him take a selfie with me-- it didn't turn out very well, but hey, it's a picture of me and my favorite husband.... 

After a great week in Mexico-- this was going through customs in Dallas...Andy insisted on pulling this suitcase, which broke on the way out there-- we have to replace the handle before next time.  

The layover in Dallas on the way home was a bit longer than expected due to a delay (shocking!), and the boys were OVER it at this point.  For as good as Cal does flying, he was AWFUL during this layover! Eddie and I threatened (only half kiddingly) to put him in a cab and send him to Mimi and Poppy's house.  Whatever we told him NOT to do, he did it immediately-- sooo unlike him.  He was doing whatever he could to taunt Andy... he pushed him in front of one of those people mover cart things, shoved him to the ground, took lala and pretended to throw it in the trashcan-- I mean, all typical big brother stuff, I guess, but by this point, we were just ready to be HOME! It was already 9:00 and we were all worn out-- and the boys had not napped at all.  

We took turns taking them to vacant gates to let them get their energy out.  They tried to play hide and go seek... obviously, someone was unclear on the basic game play....

Both kids fell asleep on the flight to RDU, despite them keeping the lights ON for the majority of the flight.  Andy woke up when I tried to pick him up after we landed and Cal stayed asleep on Eddie while he: picked him up, exited the plane, walked ALL the way through the terminal, down to baggage claim and then finally he laid him down on a bench-- and the kid NEVER woke up.  I carried Andy, and he had his head on my shoulder, but he was awake-- and just wanted to snuggle. 



We got home at 1:30 am and had everyone in their beds by 2.... we were all worn out the next day! I think you need a vacation to recover from your vacation when you travel with kids.  

 

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS