Sunday, May 12, 2013

Strawberry Pickin'

Cal's class had a field trip scheduled for last week to go strawberry picking, but due to the crazy weather we've been having, it was canceled.  The strawberries hadn't had warm enough weather to bloom (sprout?). 

It was rescheduled for this past week and I was lucky enough to get to go along again.  Andy did a drop in day at school and was happy as can be!

We started out the morning with a special mommy/Cal breakfast:



At first, Cal seemed apprehensive about picking.  He accidentally stepped on an entire plant, crushing about 5 huge berries and I let out a gasp, which may or may not have scared him....whoops!



But once he got the hang of it-- he did not want to stop! They gave each kid a little Chinese take out box they could fill; Cal filled his wayyy over the top! He didn't want to stop! I should have used one of their buckets and just paid by the pound, but I will just remember that for next year!



It was a fun field trip and I was so thankful I was able to go with Cal.  Of course, he had a great time with his buddy Ava!






 

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS