Monday, October 22, 2012

Pumpkin Time

Last weekend, we went headed out to Hill Ridge Farms for some fun pumpkin outside time.  The weather was gorgeous-- the kind that make you love to be in NC in the fall...

see those blue skies??
We got up and tried to get out of the house early to beat some of the crowds.  It didn't happen quite like that, but we tired! When we left, it was cold outside, so I had everyone bundled up.  When we got there, it was WARM out, so we shed what we could in the parking lot.  I had on a thick long sleeved shirt and jeans... and I was sweaty!

The boys checked out the pumpkins at the entry way while Eddie bought our tickets.   How old does Andy look here??

We met up with some friends there and then Andy and Cal spotted the tunnel.  They both thought this was so much fun! The went through it over and over again.

We did the hay pit too-- Cal and I jumped in that while Eddie and Andy watched from the sidelines...

Every year, Eddie loves to go to the NC State fair for the food.  I don't really care much for the fair-- don't get me wrong, I think it is great and fun, but Eddie really only likes to go for the food.  When we walked into Hill Ridge Farms, he spotted several food stands he wanted to try.  First stop was the corn.  He got some for the boys to split; they loved it!



 We had SO much fun, although I failed in taking pictures.  We had a great group of friends there with us so I was too busy socializing to take pictures.  We did the train ride and a bouncy house and we all did the massive slide.  By the time we were ready to take the hay ride to the pumpkin patch to retrieve out pumpkins, both boys were exhausted.  We decided to forgo the pumpkin patch and instead grab our pumpkins off of the "pathetic, oddly shapen, nobody wants" pumpkin table.  I thought they were cute!

I think we will definitely return to Hill Ridge again.  It was such a fun way to spend the morning and the weather could not have been more beautiful!

 

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS