Thursday, June 14, 2018

Last day of school!

The boys had their last day of school (a while ago....). We had to take the obligatory pictures before school...





Andy took his teacher flowers on the first day....
 ...and again on the last....

 And, for some comparison pictures. Cal hasn't changed too too much (other than growing!); Andy's change is shocking to me. That is a HUGE difference!

I picked the boys up after school expecting cheers and happiness.

Cal walked out and leaned in to me for a hug. Andy ran ahead to the car. I put my arm around Cal and he burst into tears because his buddy from his class is going to another school next year. He was worried he would never see him again. We walked to the car and when we got there, I found a SOBBING Andy. He was hysterical. He was so sad about leaving his teacher.

Insert mommy note here: I am beyond grateful that my boys had such great school years. I feel so so so happy, thrilled, ecstatic that my child had a teacher whom he cared for so deeply- and their bond is incredibly special to me. If I could build her a statue, I would- ha! Equally so, I am so thankful Cal had such a great friend in his class. A really good kid, with a similar mindset of Cal's. These two were tight this year, and I, too, was sad to hear of him going to another school. 

The tears did not fade away quickly- in fact, Andy's stuck around for quite a while. I finally suggested he make a video to send to beloved teacher. I am praying this loads because I want to save it forever and ever. He got choked up in the first one....watch the lip quiver:

So then he had to gather himself and tried again:




Fast forward a week, and the tears have stopped...however, the talking about this teacher has not. Pretty sure a day has not passed where she was not mentioned in some sort of discussion....
driving down the road, "did you know Mrs. Lee is a fast runner?"
"Wonder what Dolly is doing all day with Mrs. Lee not at school."
"Can we go by school and see if Mrs. Lee is there?"
"Pretty sure Mrs. Lee lives around here. Let's look for her." #stalker

 So that's a wrap on 1st and 2nd grade! I can NOT believe I will have a 2nd and 3rd grader in a few short months! I remember 3rd grade- actually really well! I met my best friend in 3rd grade (who was then my maid of honor in our wedding!!!). It just seems so old to me. I love watching them grow, but want them to stay my little guys forever and ever.

 

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS