Thursday, December 7, 2017

Life lately...wrapping up November

BRACE YOURSELF. This isn't going to be short.  I have got to be better about blogging. I will regret if if I don't keep up with it!

Here is a quick look at some of November... it was a busy month; aren't they all??

Bruce got a new outfit- he is clearly ready for the holiday season to begin. This is an XL and it is too small on him. But it is funny and he clearly loved it.


He (Bru) got in trouble the other night for getting up on the boys' beds and then not getting down when I called him- like he picked his head up and look at me and then totally ignored me. Oh, no sir. But this is pretty sweet:
 Suuuuuper excited Eddie's sister is pregs with their first baby!! This was their "social media announcement" which I thought was adorable.
 My brother and his wife are expecting baby number FOUR, so there will be lots of baby fun coming up in a few short months!

This is random, but we finally painted our powder bath downstairs. I went back and forth over wall paper or  paint and I couldn't pull the trigger on paper #shocker, so we painted. I hate the before color:
 and the after: ahhhhhhhh
 It's actually grey, but with the lighting, appears to be a greenish color. It doesn't look this green in person.

We celebrated my dad's birthday with all the grandkids-- it was loud and fun and chaotic (and loud!), and my dad was happy happy.

The boys were over due for dentist appointments and after spotting a few dark spots on Andy's teeth, we were very worried cavities were in our future. SHOCKINGLY, he was cavity free! Eddie didn't believe me when I told him! hahaha

Cal had a great check up too, and is also cavity free- how in the world that happened, this close after Halloween is beyond me. 

 Random, do your kids smart rinse? We use it and the dentist said it is probably what kept us cavity-less. I might start using it for me. I get cavities like it is my job. We use this kind primarily, but will use this too.


We left the dentist and hit up the mall for some new shoes. Dear lord, these boys go through some shoes. It is unreal. We could seriously buy a new pair once a month and still wear through them.

But the mall was decked out for Christmas, so that was really fun for the boys. 
 SIX stores later, we found some shoes at Dicks. Hard not to find Andy's shoes. They weren't subtle.
 His outfit for school the next day was very, very....quiet.

pardon the half asleep face.... but Bru got to ride carpool the other morning and he was SO happy. He loves riding in the car, I should take him more often....

It reminded me of Hank who loved nothing more than a car ride. Miss him so much every day. 

I got to go on a field trip with some super cute 2nd graders a few weeks back. Cal was pumped to have me there and was super lovey, which won't happen much longer, I'm afraid. I am glad I went so I could soak up the time with him. 
 He has some darling girls in his class! (side note- There was a group picture and Cal was several inches taller than all of the other kids.... I have no clue when this happened! He looks crazy tall to me lately)

he churned butter...and was grateful that we can go to the store to pick some up instead of all that mess. 

 With his buddy Jackson!

I also popped by school for lunch with the kiddos one day. They both were happy boys, which made me happy. 

Andy BEGS to buy lunch every Friday. I assumed it was because it is pizza day. Nope. He likes the peas. Seriously. Passes up the pizza for the peas. hahaha

Sometimes, they play so hard and I look at them and can't believe that they could get so dirty, so fast. Andy's knees the other night were impressive, to say the least. 

Some early morning snuggles. 

A picture from Andy's fabulous teacher makes my whole day. I think he was having tummy issues on this day, so I got the picture as proof that he was okay. 

this time hop about made my ovaries cry. 
 The kid loves a hat.... the picture he drew below was on the back of his homework. It has some dirty qualities to it, but it is actually a santa hat.
 See? He loves a hat.


Also, this month, we were THRILLED beyond words to find out our dear friends were named the HEAD coach at Ole Miss! Matt was named the interim head coach for this season after the head was fired just before the season...they took away the interim part and we couldn't be happier for them. Can't wait to cheer for some Hotty Toddy!

Cal has a really smart class this year...like, there are several kids who are crazy smart. The class competed in a spelling bee and the top three in each class will go on to the grade level spelling bee. Several of the kids in Cal's class won their class bee, won their grade bee (the top 5 went to the school bee) and then went really far in the school bee- as first graders. So I prepped Cal that he more than likely wouldn't make it out of his class level (I am a dream crusher, y'all...). So imagine my surprise when I got a text from Andy's teacher letting me know Cal made the grade level bee! (I told him if he were to make it, he needed to find her and have her text me-hahaha thank goodness she is so wonderful!)

So now we have the grade level spelling bee coming up. No telling how that will go. But I was proud of him!

And one final picture-- Andy was waiting for the bus and spotted his teacher with her shoes off.... he slipped them on and went into sass mode. She doesn't get to see this very often so she was dying laughing. He's a character, that one.....

PHEW! that was a lot lot lot......!



 

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS