Friday, November 10, 2017

FAVORITES!

A post of some of my favorite things! I haven't done one in forever!

O N E: school pictures

School pictures crack me up. They are never good. And the past two years, something they are doing is off because their pictures are elongated:


 Cal took it upon himself to "do" his hair before his pic. Pretty sure it is still wet from the bathroom sink session.  Andy looks like he is in pain. Maybe from his head being stretched out so long...? I don't know....either way, these pictures are a favorite of mine!

T W O: lotion

This stuff is the bomb. I looooove the way it smells and I get comments every time I wear it. It is thick, but not greasy. I am a big fan. Find it here.

 T H R E E:   turkey on the table

This is about the cutest thing ever. I got this at Learning Express, for those who have one near, but they have them other places too. This little feather-less turkey comes with a book and he's wearing a little scarf- he's adorable!
 It comes with a bunch of feathers and the idea is, you write something you are thankful for each day in November and then for Thanksgiving, you have your turkey sit on the table and you read what everyone has written. I LOVE the idea of this as it serves as a wonderful reminder to be GRATEFUL and appreciate.
A huge bonus to this Turkey is the authors are donating money to feed those who can not afford food, so with each turkey bought, they are providing a meal. These aren't cheap, but in my opinion, they are so worth it. I found it here on amazon, in case you are interested! I am loving reading what the kids write each day. And, to be honest, it has been good to remind me to be thankful too.



 F O U R: NC beach in November

North Carolina is a great state. We've got the mountains. We've got the beach. Our weather is basically amazing. We went to the beach this last weekend and the weather was a definite favorite of mine.




These kiddos were PUMPED for a weekend at the beach! Friday night we caught the sunset out in the boat-- it wasn't cold at all! There was no breeze at all, so it was nice and calm out there.

The wind was calm....they were not.


we watched the sun set and then turned to see the moon rising.... it was MASSIVE. The pictures didn't do it justice. I posted an insta video of it, hopeful it would better show off how amazing it was, but nothing could really show how huge it was.

Saturday, we loaded the boat and headed out. The wind picked up quite a bit so we layered up, but the sun was warm and it was a gorgeous day to be out!

We cruised the waterfronts in Morehead and Beaufort-- we saw a wild horse and some dolphin and we also observed these wild animals:



We went to sand dollar island-- one of my most favorite spots! We beached the boat and had to walk in-- Ali wasn't so sure about the cold waters hahaha

Everyone ran around the island, Andy (below) did a little dancing....

Happiness is.....

We stopped for lunch in Morehead and on the way home, all the boys fell sound asleep-- it was amazing!

Sunday, we hit the beach and it could not have been a more beautiful day-- there was not a cloud in the sky, the sun was super warm and it wasn't windy. It was just perfect. No one wanted to leave! I actually got a little sunburned-- who knew that could happen in November?!?

It was a great weekend away and any time I get to go to my favorite place, I am a happy girl!

F I V E: Bruce

This dog is something else. He's a favorite for sure.





Have a great weekend!!! I am getting away for a few days with just my momma! Can't wait for some girl time with my favorite!

 

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS