Monday, February 17, 2014

Valentine's Day

thank you for sending this to me, andrea! so so so true...
School was canceled on Friday, Valentine's Day, so we pretty much hung inside the house for the day.  Eddie went to work again, and I wasn't quite able to drive yet.

Thankfully, I spent my 90 minutes on Wednesday before school was released early and got the kids some little goodies for them to have for Valentine's Day! They each got a new car and a bunch of candy...! Andy ate just about all of his candy before 8:00.  




Lollipops for breakfast? Sure.  Whatever.


I left the sugar-crazed beasts inside to let Hank out to do his business.  The snow was so beautiful this morning with the sun rising... 

 Eddie made a run to dunkin for some heart shaped donuts (and to the grocery store to get his woman a card and some flowers hehe).

Andy spent some time mastering the art of wearing heels.   Good luck with that, buddy.


Cal was in need of some sun-- he found a sunny spot to rest.

I hadn't had a workout since Tuesday.  And that might sound ridiculous, but I NEED to workout.  So, a friend posted an at home workout to do and I laced up my sneakers and broke a killer sweat...with my three coaches helping me.  I got down into a wall sit and Andy decided to climb into my lap for a visit-- made the wall sit darn near impossible.... but I needed the challenge after all the eating and drinking I had been doing!

Friday afternoon, it was warm outside, but there was still snow on the ground.  Eddie came home from work a little early and we all headed outside to get some fresh air.  By this point, I was about past my "I can be a sweet mommy" point.  Hate to admit that, but hey, gotta keep it real.  I was pretty much ready to scream at anyone/anything.

Cal took his golf club to the snow-- have at it, bud.  

The streets were pretty much clear so we got out our bikes and rode to the cul-de-sac across from our house so they could get out some energy. 


I was in a rather foul mode at this point (hey, I can admit it!) so I excused myself to have a minute alone.    I went home, opened a bottle of champagne, curled up on the couch with the fire on and sat in pure silence.  It was basically heaven. 

Then the boys came in like hungry little beasts and I had to get moving.  But those 12 minutes were really quite blissful! Eddie cooked up a stir fry for dinner that was delicious!


The boys went to bed and we hung out watching the Olympics! We had a big dinner planned for Saturday night so we were grateful to have a nice night home together!

I am thankful for these boys who love me....even when I need champagne to get it together. 

 

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS