Thursday, November 21, 2013

Shoe Shopping

Cal is really hard on shoes-- REALLY hard on them. Here's a little tip for you moms out there-- buy your kids shoes from Nordstrom- they will take back anything! If you save your box you can return shoes (I think it has to be within 6 months...?). 

Anyway, Cal was due for new shoes and Andy's shoes were wearing out a little, but I didn't think he needed new ones.  They measured Cal for his new shoes and while he was getting measured, Andy picked out some horrendously ugly shoes (no offense, shoes).  Cal came over and pointed to another pair and Andy said he liked them.  The lady asked if I wanted Andy's feet measured while we were there and Andy said "uh-huh, I do!!!" so we did! And of course, his feet were almost a full size larger than the shoes he was currently wearing. 


Turns out, with Cal's new show size, he had to get ties on his nikes-- no more velcro for him! The boys picked out matching shoes-- Cal's with ties and Andy's with velcro! They thought it was SO SO SO amazing to have matching shoes- ha!


I didn't care what they got (as long as it wasn't the super ugly pair....). They were being SO good at the mall.  Andy has been rather challenging lately, so the fact that he was being good was a relief nothing short of amazing.

I bribed them with a cookie and a ride on the escalator for their good behavior.  They held hands on the way-- staring at their shoes the whole time.


On our way out, we passed these tobagans (how do you spell that? Why is it showing up with a red line? whatever-- you get my point).  I put them on the boys for fun and I thought they were too cute... 


They just scream "THUG LIFE" don't they??


And this last one is SO Andy... I have written it on here before-- this kid has more personality than he knows what to do with.  The lady helping us with shoes said "that blonde kid of yours is the cutest kid I've ever seen. He looks naughty though." That sums up Andy!


These new shoes do, in fact, make them run faster and jump higher.  Pretty amazing, Nike.  Pretty amazing. 

I was incredibly thankful for this positive experience with the boys-- because we got home and chaos hit like you wouldn't believe.... I needed a sweet morning like this!

 

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

OMG, that black and white pic is too cute and Andy looks so...well a 9 year old ADORABLE thug. Your boys are so cute, you make good lookin babies..

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS