Friday, September 6, 2013

Swim Team

A while back, we were at the pool and a few kids gathered with the swim team coach for a "mock swim team" practice.  Basically, he was just working with some of the kids in the "after season" to keep their skills sharp.  I asked Cal if he wanted to do it and he said he did!

Prior to this, Cal had swum (swam?) the length of the pool once....but he was all about doing this! Jesse, the coach, was SO sweet to Cal and Cal was quick to try to impress Jesse. 



The first practice he did, I think they swam 12 laps.  Cal was DEAD when it was over-- and it's only 30 minutes.  They swam down to warm up and then they worked on different strokes with the kickboard and they finish the practice by working on jumping/diving off of the swim blocks. 

Cal LOVED it! He felt like such a big kid getting to do this. 



Unfortunately, he came down with his funk the day after his first practice.  I am trying to tell myself it wasn't because of him swimming in the cold water....  : /

He has gone back a few other times and loved it each time.  I love his love of swimming! Jesse made him promise to be on the swim team next year....I can't wait! I grew up on the swim team at CHCC so it will be really amazing to get to watch my son do it too!



Andy wants to participate too-- we will see if Andy is ready for swim team next summer too!

 

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS