Friday, September 6, 2013

start of birthday fun

My birthday is September 1st and I was lucky enough to get to celebrate it a few times this year! After the Monday spent at the doctor with Andy and the eye doctor for me, my mom and I went shopping!

One of my new favorite blogs is Pinterest Told Me To. She is best friends with Shay, who is Sean the Bachelor's sister (and who has the blog Mix and Match Mama, another favorite of mine).  Are you following all of this? Well, Shaeffer, from the first blog, does all of these shopping posts and she does the "must have" items.  Well, I loved a bunch of the things she posted and they were all from Nordstrom! So, for my birthday, I really wanted to just go shopping in Nordstrom with my mom! ha!

We had SO SO SO much fun! I got some really fun new things and just enjoyed being with my mom (with my womp eye and all). 

We tried on the must have jeans--- which, I admit, we both loved,


 and the must have shirt-- which, I admit, we both got....HA!


After shopping, we sat outside and had dinner and a glass (or two!) of champagne.   It was the perfect night! I adore my mom (duh) and we both feel so lucky to have the relationship we do. 


The next day, some of our friends from the pool were doing a little pool party for me and one other mom whose birthday is a few days before mine.  The kids were all so cute and excited.  It was really fun!

But first, I had to wake up this sleeping beauty...

(I have no idea when he will be ready for a big boy bed.  Cal was in his by this point...Andy just LOVES his crib.  He sleeps well in there and I am in NO rush to get him out of there! I can't believe he hasn't tried to climb out yet...knocking on wood now...)

There was a cake for us too.... it was SO sweet of them!


Some of the kids gathering around the cake...

We were leaving the next morning for our trip to Texas and I wasn't packed..... but the mojito I had while celebrating at the pool totally helped calm my packing woes!

 

1 comment:

Allyson said...

HBD!!! Glad you and your mama had some fun! Love seeing you in Shaeffer's must haves. We are getting a nordies in nov 2014 can.not.wait!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS