Sunday, July 24, 2011

22 months

I am in shock that Mr. Cal is 22 months old! Are you kidding me? Wasn't I just planning his 1st birthday party?? I have already started planning for his second...and I am SUPER excited about it!



Cal continues to be SO MUCH FUN.  I have noticed lately that as Andy is getting easier, Cal is exercising a bit of his "terrible twos."  A lot.  He will fall to the ground at the drop of a hat and act like his entire world is over if he doesn't get exactly what he wants, exactly when he wants it.

All of that being said, Cal is a really good kid.  We are so lucky to have such a sweet, caring little man for Andy's big brother!

Cal loves to explore new things and every time he sees something new, he gasps and says "woooahhhhh!!!!!"  Even if I am taking out a new trash bag and flapping it open (you know what I mean?), Cal thinks that is just hilariously funny!  It's pretty awesome... and makes me so excited for Christmas!  Can you even imagine his reaction to decorations/lights/gifts?? 

Here he is with some new sunglasses:


Cal is extremely timid around other kids.  We are working on this, and I think camp in August and school in the fall will be a HUGE help.  He really loves his buddy, Brad, and is comfortable around him.  This is great by me because I adore Brad's mom, Sally!  Below, we had a little swim get together at a friend's house, and Brad's family was there too... I guess Cal thought Brad's food looked good...!

 It's funny because Cal is not shy around adults AT ALL and usually hams it up quite a bit.  He gets really shy when other kids are around... he likes to just stand back and watch them (usually with me holding him!).  Remind me I am writing this when he gets in trouble in school for being too social! ha!


Cal is obsessed with golf and trucks.  That is not new this month though... he has also developed a love for basketball, or BACK-E-BALL, as Cal says it!  My mom got him a little hoop after seeing Cal watch Rachel's video. He loves to "shoot" hoops and when he misses he will say "awww, MAN!" and when he makes it, he screams "ahhhhhhhh!"  NO CLUE where he learned those things, but it is hilarious, still!

Speaking of... it is like Cal's vocabulary has quadrupled in the past month.  He talks NON STOP.  Literally.  If he's awake, he's running his mouth.  Most of the time, it's martian talk and we can't understand it, but he is really getting verbal and has quite a large vocabulary.  He will also repeat everything you say.  Seriously, everything.  I get down on the ground and coo to Andy, so Cal has started "cooing" to him too... Eddie was imitating the wonderful Charlie Sheen and said "winning, DUH." So now Cal says DUH all the time (nice, right?).  

It is SO neat to watch him grow and learn new things.  I am amazed at how he picks things up and how he processes. 

We are working on his ABCs....haha:


And just for me to look back and remember...
Cal sleeps (in his crib still) for at least 12 hours every night, usually 7-7.
Cal naps in the afternoon around 1:00 for at least 2 hours (very minimum), and the other day slept from 12:45 until 5:30... seriously. 
Cal eats EVERYTHING.  He loves loves loves ketchup and requests it at every meal.  He loves to dip his food/fork/fingers into it.
Cal has been exposed to juice finally...we held off this long, but I was worried about him getting dehydrated with this heat and not drinking enough water.  We dilute the juice quite a bit and he LOVES it. He is drinking a TON now, so I am happy.  I am trying to enforce milk with meals and juice in between, but that can be tricky.  I will hand him his milk and he will say, "no milk. juice. apple juice." and then when I tell him he needs to drink milk, he says (in a very southern accent): "but I waaaannnnnnt it!" hhahah

that's about it!

I will post more about the 2nd birthday party plans once they get a little more finalized.  I can't believe it's only 2 months away!

2 comments:

Sally said...

thank you carrie! brad loves cal too & usually calls him "cow". that's ok, b/c he calls will (his cousin) "wool". oh, and i adore you too ;)

Steph said...

too cute!! loved catching up on both boys and can NOT believe andy is already 2 months old...how did that happen?!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS