Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

I hope you all had fabulous Memorial Day Weekends! It was strange this year not being at the beach. I can't remember the last time I was not at the coast for this "kick off the summer" weekend. Eddie's parents and sister all came in for the weekend, so we decided to stick around Chapel Hill. Not sure we would have made the trip to the beach regardless with two bambinos!

Eddie's mom, Patty, flew in on Wednesday- one week after I had Andy.  Eddie's dad got in on Friday, and his sister got in Saturday morning.  We had a full house, but Cal was in heaven!  He had full on attention from everyone in the house...I was worried how it would be when everyone left (that will be the next post), and he only had my attention and he would be splitting that with his brother!

Eddie and his dad played golf one day during Cal's nap (so as to not miss any Cal time), and they tried to take him golfing one day-- just for 9 holes, but Cal was feeling rather "two" that day, and he refused to get off of the fairway.  Eddie called after the first hole and asked me to come and get him- ha! 

The whole family went to the pool one afternoon for about an hour.  I was in need of some get out of the house time, and Carrie and Eddie's dad really wanted to see Cal play at the pool. 

I was horrible about taking pictures this weekend, sadly.  Here are some of the ones that I got...

playing with Grammy/Mimi with sidewalk chalk


leading Poppy into the pool

Showing CB how to dig dig dig

after the pool, Andy needed to nurse, so I sat in the car with him and the rest of the family waited while Cal displayed his swing.

CB with Andy before she headed home

CB and Cal

Grammy with Andy, getting in some serious snuggle time
Even though we weren't at the beach, it was a nice weekend in town.  Patty spoiled us rotten with some fun toys for Cal (and some fun shoes for me!!!). 

I feel so spoiled anyway to have two amazing little boys that I get to love on!

xoxo,

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS