Wednesday, January 13, 2010

SLEEP!

I made the mistake of posting on facebook the other night that I was going to let Cal cry it out a bit. You would not believe the responses I got!!!! (if you are one of the ones that posted a reply, ignore this post!). It was my own fault for opening the can of worms and I should know better. People just feel so passionate about the right way vs. the wrong way to get a kid to sleep.

The truth is, Cal has only slept through the night 2 times in his life. He usually nurses, falls asleep while eating and then I lay him in his crib. He then wakes up a few hours later, eats, and falls right back asleep again. Yeah, I wish he would sleep through the night, but I am not a basket case about it, I do not cry about it, and I am not worried that he will be up every night at 3 for the rest of his life.

It was my own fault for opening that can, and I enjoyed reading everyone's post, I just wasn't expecting everyone to respond like that! (for those of you not on facebook, a)what is wrong with you??, and b) I had 25 responses to my post!).

Long story short, lately, when I put Cal down, he wakes up immediately and then won't go back to sleep. I don't pick him up or anything, but I have been going in after about 10 minutes to pat his back and calm him down again.

This too shall pass and we will all survive! :)

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS