Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sleep Wars

Oh, it's been a looooong time since my last post. I have been meaning to write, but never actually get around to it. I have been updating our MobileMe website often, so you can go there to see pictures.

I wrote before about working on getting Cal to sleep better. I talked with a lot of moms about what they did to get their kids down.

We tried mixing some rice cereal with some breast milk to give him in a bottle after his last meal of the day (I feed him until he's full and then give him a bottle mixed with the goods). The first night I tried it, he ate some of it, pulled away and then fell asleep. He woke up a few hours later ready to chomp down again.

We tried doing a routine and getting him to sleep in his crib (as opposed to my bed). It took 3 hours to get him calm, and by the time he was falling asleep, he was hungry again and ready to eat.

SO, I fed him the other night in my bed and then put him on my chest to burp him. He fell sound asleep on my chest (which I love, by the way), and I didn't want to wake him because he was so content, so I placed him in the bassinet next to my bed on his stomach. I know he is not supposed to be on his belly until he is old enough to roll over, etc.... but the kid sleep like a rock! He was out! He slept for 4 hours and then woke up to feed.

I am nervous with him on his stomach, but he loves it and that is the only way he'll sleep now. I am keeping him next to the bed so I can hear him. We have been feeding him at 12, 3, and 6....I am hoping to take out the 3:00 feeding. Hopefully that will be a post that will come soon!!!

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS