Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Book Report: Summer

Happy Hump Day, y'all! Look who is on a roll this week posting!

I haven't done a book report since MARCH! Whoops! I have read some good ones since then, so I need to share:

The Wedding Date
This was light and easy, predictable, but a good beach read. Several bloggers I follow read this and raved about it. I didn't find it rave-worthy, but fine for some fluff....I read it after reading this next one and I needed some fluff.



The Great Alone
 Stop what you are doing and read this book. Omg, read it now. I can not stop with this one. A friend told me I had to read it, and to be honest, I had a bit of a hard time getting in to it, but she encouraged me to keep plowing through....and holy heavens, I am so glad I did! It is SUCH a great book! I loved Nightingale by Hannah, but this one might even be better. Loved loved loved.

Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
I also loved this book- this was one from my book club... at times it was hard to read- I don't mean hard to comprehend, but hard to read what she was going through. This book had a mega twist at the end that made me gasp (so dramatic, I know!). I mentioned in my last book report post about Reese Witherspoon's "book club" and this was another one from it. I enjoyed the other one too, so Reese is hitting it out of the park so far for me!



A Man Called Ove
 This was another one my book club read together. I ended up loving this book- and bawling at the end.... however, I didn't love the whole way through. It took me a while to power through it, and that's what it felt like I was doing: powering through. However. I am really thankful that I did stick with it because it is a beautiful story about love and loss and how we handle it. I kept thinking of Ove as my grandfather and I wanted to just hug him!

My Oxford Year
 This book is one I have seen a lot of bloggers talking about so I gave it a go. I liked it a lot! I thought it would be an easy fluff read, and it was, somewhat, but there was also a LOT more to it than just some fluff! I found myself liking the characters a lot and smiling while reading it.

Still Me
 Have you read Me Before You? Or After You? Okay, if not, read them. You must. Then read this. You have to go in order and read them all... oh, how I loved this one! There are three now that follow the story of Louisa Clark. She is such a likable character and I love reading about her! This book had humor and sadness- as all her stories in this series do, I guess.... I didn't want to put this one down. LOVED it. If you want to lose yourself in a series, read these. I think the second one was my favorite.... but this was good too.

Little Fires Everywhere
 Ohhhhhhh this book was GOOD. This is another one you have to add to your must read list. I couldn't stop reading this one either. There are multiple characters, but they are all so different, it isn't hard to follow. The story leaves you asking "what would you do???" and I didn't have an answer at all, which is crazy. Definitely read this one!

A Nantucket Wedding
Ahhhhhh, a little more Nantucket fluff! I am enjoying more and more Thayer books- I've read just about all of Hilderbrand's so I was sticking with her genre and trying another. This book was good- loved all the family dynamics happening as two parents merged their families, who are all grown. Another great beach read- it was quick and a great story!


Have y'all read anything good lately??



 

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS