Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Regional Meeting in Myrtle Beach

We just got home from a weekend meeting down in Myrtle Beach for Eddie's work. It is a long weekend with some meetings for the FA's, one meeting for the spouses, and a lot of fun for families. The theme this year was Royalty.... from the Crown, to the royal wedding... it was fun to see it carried out!

 We arrived Thursday and got checked in to the hotel. We had a meeting at 4 we had to attend. Then it was dinner time!

 There was a falconer there who had birds to show us- they were massive and not my most favorite....hahah and the kids all received awards for their various accomplishments over the year. Once they got their award, they posed with the bird man for a picture.... again, no thank you- haha



After dinner, there was a movie for the kids, but we decided to let our kids run wild on the beach. It was the most gorgeous night ever! My brother came down with his youngest daughter, and my brother in law came solo, so we had quite a group! The kids played so so hard and had the best time. Finally we headed up to the room after 9 (after a quick dip in the pool!)







 I so love this picture of them:





Friday morning, the spouses had a meeting as well. I was super excited about this meeting though because Adrienne Wood was talking! Do y'all know her? She writes a blog called Tales from the Educated Debutante. Find her on facebook or click that link. She is hilarious and a great read. So she came and spoke to us and I loved it! She was funny and so relate-able. She's not writing about fashion (although her posts about lululemon are amazing....), but her posts will hit home.



We spent the rest of the day on the beach- but I didn't take any pictures (gasp!). I had to keep an eye on the boys, who played nonstop in the water and I didn't have my phone on me.

That night, we went to Medieval Times for dinner. It is quite an establishment..... it is HUGE! It is like a Medieval dinner feast....with a show. The boys enjoyed it for the most part, although we struggled to understand the accents- haha


When you walk in, everyone is given crowns. 

It was at this point that I could not stop laughing. 







This group picture sums it alllll up.... and might be my favorite one from the whole weekend- hahahahaha

 Saturday day was spent on the beach with lots of fun games. Someone sent me these pics of the boys limbo-ing:





And then that night, we had the awards dinner. An excuse to get all dressed up and celebrate the hard work Eddie has done this year! Also great to celebrate my dad and brother and brother in law too! I thought my mom looked absolutely stunning- pink is her color!



 The original four:

My daddy-

And Eddie!!!

 Chris came over during the awards and was goofing off. We were not behaving- my mom was not pleased :)

 Three very special men! I was so proud of them (add in Chris, who had already taken off- haha)

We woke up Sunday (our anniversary!) and loaded the car to head on home. We were all exhausted from a fun and busy weekend!




 




 

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS