Friday, January 26, 2018

Lift 'em up, please!

Today at 8am, I am wishing more than anything that I could be in two places at once. I can't, obviously, but it would be a great super power.

Cal qualified for the school-wide spelling bee. Super proud of him. He and I have worked (somewhat) hard studying the list. (Full disclosure: we worked hard on the front of the list... the back, we didn't touch....I couldn't pronounce the words so we just focused on the front of the page....which still had hard words on it!)
His bee was supposed to be last week, but we had snowmegedon, so it was moved to today. At 8am.

Also at 8am....

Andy is having his procedure to hopefully determine what's going on with his tummy. I made this appointment back in November and took their first available spot. When I heard the bee was moved, I called and asked to back up his time maybe an hour... the next available appointment wasn't until the end of March. So, no.
Andy is awake during this procedure (I don't enjoy calling it a procedure, but that's what it is referred to on every document I have had to read), and it sounds so not very pleasant. At all. I will spare you the details, but let's just say I was "clenched up" reading about it.

I told the boys the predicament and that Eddie and grandma would go to the bee in my place so I could take Andy. Cal's huge brown eyes filled up with tears and he goes, "I don't want to do it without you there." And I died a little bit. I WANT to be there, buddy! I promise I do. I don't WANT to watch Andy go through this- I want him to be able to poop like a regular kid!

Being a mom is so hard. I ache not being able to be with both kids at the same time- ridiculous, right? Both boys will be FINE. Of course they will. But when Cal gets eliminated, I want him to be able to search ME out in the crowd and get my smile... and when Andy is done with his deal, I want to be the one holding him on my lap (as he probably screams bloody murder....).

Sigh.

So, if you have a sec.... please throw up a little prayer to the Big Guy above.... give Cal the bravery to stand up in front of everyone with a microphone. Give Andy the strength to toughen his way through a very uncomfortable experience. And give me a little grace too, please. I am trying hard.... promise.

And, because he's cute:



 I will do a post updating everything once we survive it all ;) hahaha I sound so overly dramatic....

 

1 comment:

Sleepin in the Sun said...

Oh goodness. This just made my eyes fill up. God gave you those little boys because he knows you are the best mama for them, how great is that. Love!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS