Friday, December 29, 2017

Merry and Bright!

We had a fun (and busy!) holiday season! Now that things are slowing down, I am taking a quick minute to document all we had going on. Lots of fun parties, tacky sweater-ness and socializing with sweet friends... a busy and glutenous month! I am ready to go on a diet ASAP. But not til next week.

Some of our friends moved into a new house at the start of December-- but before their furniture was moved, they did what any respectable adult would do: they threw a frat party. We are talking red solo cups, kegs, beer pong, zero furniture... just like in college. I even donned my old college shirt. Because, why not.


It was a FUN night with a lot of dancing and laughing. I loved it. 

Stacey got some new kicks she broke out for the occasion. 


 I think he looks like Luke from Gilmore Girls-- I have only watched an episode or two, but I see it!

 Throw your shark fins up!


Pippa wore a college sweatshirt too- loved it. 

The following night, we had a tacky sweater party. Actually, the invitation was for a "Griswold Christmas" party. We were to either dress as a character from the movie, wear a tacky Christmas sweater, or dress as a favorite Christmas song. I went for the tacky sweater (it lit up!).

 These two did their favorite Christmas song (and she never broke character the whole night- it was hysterical). (Do you know their song????)




 Eddie had to borrow a sweater- and one of my mom's old vests did the trick- hahahaha


Walking up to the house- these people do not play when it comes to Christmas!





Feeling the Christmas spirit.....


Loved Todd and Margot too!



A sign of a good night!

Another night we had a rotating dinner with some friends in our neighborhood. It was such a fun night! We had apps at one house, then switched to dinner at another house, then finished at another house for dessert.  Each house had two "teams" or couples helping host it. We finished the night with a dirty santa gift exchange- and it was dirty enough that I will not be sharing those pictures- hahaha... I gave the gift below, a twerking snowman... and it was pretty funny....
 The men of the group:


 And the ladies:

 And the group:

 I ended up going home with a Grinch costume and I couldn't love it more. hahahahaha Obviously, I had to put it on immediately.....

 And then played a fierce game of beer pong while in said costume.






 There is a group of us who have hosted a girls' party every year- we took last year off, but were back at it this year. It was held at my house this year, which was a lot of work, but a whole lot of fun. Here are the hostesses!

Another night, we had a "Murder at the Tacky Christmas Sweater" party. Oh my word, this was funny. Each person was assigned a character- they were to come to the party as their character would come to a tacky Christmas sweater party.... I was Max Maximus, a UK rockstar who would do anything to get attention.



Eddie was Sam Sugarplum, a trend-setting movie star. 

The cast of characters was ridiculously funny- everyone got really into it, which made it even more fun. 

A DJ and a elementary school principal....



yup..........

The whoooooole cast of characters:



 If you've never been to one of these parties, everyone gets little clues throughout the night about their character and other characters, in order to help you try to figure out who the murderer was.


Our final night out was for our annual cocktails at the Carolina Inn...! I love this night so much. It is massive and loud, but so so fun. Every year, I manage to take pictures in the mirror of the bathroom- it is a really good mirror. :)


One final date night with my favorite guy:



Allllll the ladies- well, some of them....

A bar shot!

Some of my faves....



 It was a busy, busy month! PHEW! I am excited for January to find some health again. More working out, less junk food. But hopefully still lots of fun times with friends!

Cheers to 2018!


 

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS