Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Antawn Jamison basketball camp

The week before Champs, the boys did not have any plans- they were going to tag along with me and run errands and do whatever needed to be done to prep for the big meet.  Well, the week before, when they got the invite to join a good buddy at a basketball camp and UNC, they jumped all over it!!!


 Monday morning, we met up at the Dean Dome for basketball camp!
 Back in high school, my favorite basketball player was Antawn Jamison-- he was always smiling and looked like he had fun out on the court.  I would be lying if I said I wasn't fan girl-ing out just a bit when we saw him.  I totally kept it together though...right, Amy?!

The boys played HARD from 8:45-4.  It was a FULL day of drills and running and SO much fun. 
 At the end of Monday, Eric said the kids were exhausted and would sleep so hard that night.  He said they might even fall asleep on the way home.  Not the Williamsons! They chatted the whole way home and then played baseball in the yard-- and it was a mild 200 degrees out. 

The next day I dropped them off and the boys ran down to get in their spots.  Ready for the second day of fun.  

We went to the end to watch and loved seeing them take this group picture.  Can you spot Cal and Andy?

They sent the kids home with these pictures with Antawn and I was CRACKING up....

 And then they got in a line to get stuff autographed by him.  Nothing but love!
 Okay so remember above when I said I restrained my fan-girl-ness? Well, Eric and Amy appreciated my restraint so much that they encouraged me to take a picture with him.  I resisted for about 4 seconds and then LET them push me into the picture.........(HAHAHAHAHAHAHA).  Please look at my stupid grin in the picture.  I was stupid happy and giddy.  This might be our Christmas card picture.  I doubt Eddie would mind.  I mean, look how happy we all are!!!
 It was a fun, fun two days filled with basketball drills and fun fun fun!

I love living in this town.  Have I mentioned that??



 

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS