Thursday, May 25, 2017

Life lately

Guess who is done teaching preschool for the year!!! Wooohooooo! Today is a workday for us, but no kiddos.  I actually really enjoyed our class this year and loved all of the parents too- it was such a great year, and I am sad it is over.  Love the munchkins....and their hugs!

While I am working on cleaning out the classroom and next year prep (oh yes, I will be doing it again next year!), here's a look at life lately!

Bruce was neutered last week (actually week before last) and both boys insisted on coming with me to pick him up--  although one boy forgot his shoes.... I am pretty sure we got quite a few looks at the vet...between no shoes, a child attempting to wear a cone and me crying-- they tried to take us into the room where it *all* went down with Hank.  I froze in the hall way and started crying and shaking my head-- we really had it all together....



At a baseball game last week, Cal had an unassisted triple play.  It was kinda unbelieveable.  He caught a pop fly, tagged a runner out on second and then sprinted to third and got another guy out.  He was the first baseman hahahahahahahahaha.  It was really fun to watch and thankfully both of my parents and Eddie were there to witness it-- he earned the game ball and was SO proud. 
 Meanwhile, this one with his cone....

Mother's Day was last weekend and the boys brought home sweet gifts they made at school-- Cal's says "I love you because you work so hard and make me dinner." ha! 

The jersey prep for Andy's party was a process.  Bruce was there to help me along the way....

Some neighbors had a cookout last weekend-- these wild boys played SO hard the whole time! 

Heading back to the car after a game-- they had had a rough afternoon, but watching them walk next to each other chatting away made my heart want to explode.  
 Swim team has started! I got a pic of these two last year on the first day of practice so I had to get one this year too-- so fun to be back in the water!


Cal's teacher sent this to me--

The goal for all first graders is to end the year on a level J or K for reading- Cal finished the year at an O! We are super proud of him... he has had a really great year, thankfully.  They test reading waaaayyyyyyyy differently than I am used to, so this was a big learning curve for us all. 

The boys were invited to a birthday party at a UNC baseball game last Friday night and they had so much fun!

 The basketball team was there too (!!) so I had to snag a picture with JB... bless his heart, he was hit up for pics the whole night. 
 I took several pics of this crew-- not realizing the team in the background was cheesing it up too--- in another picture, Theo is full on smiling for the camera.
 Andy decided they probably would like to play with his fidget spinner-- but not for keeps.  Just for looks. 

Andy and Bruce were hanging out on the porch and totally had a moment.  

Bruce was in heaven.  
 And decided not to move for a while.  Bless his heart. 






 My sister in law sent me this picture from the triathlon last weekend-- this was right after he crossed the finish line.  SO proud of him and his brother!
That's a wrap! Bring on the beach this weekend!!!!!



 

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS