Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Book Report!

I am overdue for a book report (haha-love a good pun...and a bad one...)

First book I read, I looooooooved! OMG, love love love.

The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah.  Oh this book was so good.  It was powerful and hard to read, but I couldn't put it down.  I loved the characters and the way it was written.  I am a sucker for any WWII stuff and this whole book just sucked me in.  HUGE winner to me! It is not a light, easy read, but woah, it was good.

Second book I read, I was going for a lighter, easier read after the first one.  Eligible was just that.

This was my first book by this author and I really enjoyed it! I have actually picked up a second book by her too and hope to get started on it soon.  I really liked the characters and the story line.  Y'all know I love be some Bachelor and it was very loosely based on the show.  There were several twists that I didn't see coming-- I had a hard time putting this one down.

The last book, I listened too.  I have said time and time and time again how much I love Elin Hilderbrand books.  Well.  Let me just say that I am sooooo glad I didn't read this one first.  I probably wouldn't have read another one again.

The Love Season





So it wasn't awful at all-- but I just didn't love it.  It tells a story from the past while a story from the present is unfolding.  But then, as the story from the past finishes, the book ends...and I felt like a bunch of story lines were just left dangling there.  Don't ever read the book while hungry, because there is a LOT of talk about food.   A LOT.  And that's not bad-- but maybe I am just not a foodie? I don't know.  While this is probably my least favorite of Elin Hilderbrand's books, I still wouldn't say it was bad...if that makes sense?

Okay, so that's it! Only three books to report! I know we have a BUSY season upon us...I hope I am still able to steal some time away to read.  I have already downloaded a new audio book for the trip to the beach for Thanksgiving and I also have one from the library to take with me.


Have y'all read any of these books? Did you like/dislike? Any suggestions for me??

 

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS