Monday, May 23, 2016

House Update!



This made me laugh so hard-- add in dogs and you got our house! After working like a crazy person scrubbing everything multiple times and packing stuff up and rearranging furniture and organizing everything, we had pictures of the house taken on Wednesday.

We thought it would take a while to get the house in MLS, so imagine my surprise when I was pulling into work on Thursday and got a text that we had a showing...! Our realtor went in and moved the dogs to the garage, thankfully, and I just took a deep breath and let it go. (hahahha- yeah right, I totally went into panic mode at school).

Long story short, we received an offer (our asking price...!) on the house within the hour.  Crazy.  Right? (I should clarify-- we were told they were making an offer-- we didn't know the amount until Friday-- but we knew A number was coming). 

I can NOT believe we are under contract on this house...! As soon as we accepted the offer, I went into sappy reminiscent mode where I overly think about how much I love this house.  It is a wonderful house-- and I can NOT wait to make memories in the new house!

My in laws and my parents and Trish and Tommy all went and saw the new house on Sunday.  While there, the kids from across the street invited Cal and Andy over to play in their back yard.  They all went running over there in a little pack and I swear, I teared up a little bit. 

When it was time to go, I looked two houses over and there were 8 boys playing a game of baseball in the driveway-- THAT is what this is all about! All these kids outside playing together! As much as we love this house, we just don't find that in this neighborhood. 

We are forever thankful that we found our new house...! I pray that the rest of this process goes as smoothly as the first part.  We will continue to have showings, but I will not freak out of them (as much).  The house will be clean and the beds will be made... but other than that, if you don't like it, that's okay! Someone else did....!

Also, a weekend update is coming later today.... check back later!

Anyone have any champagne?!?!?!?!

 

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS