Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Beach Weekend

Totally forgot to share pictures from last weekend at the beach!

We had a great time at the beach and the weather was perfection.  Not too hot at all! We got down Friday, early evening.  My brother and his family were down, so it was like crazy cousin world-- which everyone loves!

Apparently, these two sleep together at night on the floor and during car trips...



As soon as we got to Eddie's parents house, I made up the bunk beds in the boys' room.  There are two sets of these.  Eddie's mom sent them to our house so we carried them down and made them up.  Making bunk beds is no joke.  Dang.  Anyone thinking of getting bunk beds should go to a friends house with them and offer to make them.  

Speaking of bedding... look at Andy's room in my mom's house-- how stinking cute is this?! She also got a J for Jackson's bed and a C for Cal's.  





We played outside starting EARLY Saturday morning.  Eddie had a bunch of appointments lined up at the new house, so my job was to keep the kids and the dogs out of the way- check!

We played about every sport you can imagine.  And then it started really warming up so we headed over to the pool.  These three were READY!

We spent a while at the pool and the boys swam and swam, happy as they could be.  The water was like ice to me, but whatever makes them happy! Eddie finally finished all his house stuff and he was dying to kite surf.  He got it all set up and then realized the wind wasn't blowing hard enough- but he got to do it for a little bit, I guess.  
 Walking home from the beach- thankful to get to spend Mother's Day weekend with my incredible mom. 
 We cooked dinner that night and then we had an all out war on the basketball court in a game of BABY (it's just like PIG, but a little longer....hahaha).  Everyone participated and we laughed and laughed.  This is one of those moments that I know the kids will remember forever.  And Y'all know stuff like that just makes me happy. 

The sun was setting and the sky was turning bright pink so we headed over to check it out.  You might be a redneck when..........
 Gorgeous sun setting down on the sound.





Sunday morning I woke up and showered (ahhhhh) and put on my new necklace! I looooove it and I know I will wear it a ton! You can find one here. Obviously I am obsessed with this shop-- I can't get enough!

The boys rode bikes back and forth all weekend- we took their old bikes, which really are too small for them and we plan on leaving them down there for them to ride while there.  This will SOOO beat hauling bikes back and forth every weekend.  

Instead of packing up and heading home, we hit the beach for some fun sun time.  The weather was beyond perfect.  I honestly contemplated staying there the entire day and driving home early Monday morning (or never).  Andy would have liked to stay too...

Pretty sure Cal was content to stay all day.  




A Happy Mother's Day indeed...

 The cousins! J looks so tall in this picture- it's really funny because all weekend everyone commented on how Cal and J were almost the same height-- but they so aren't in this picture. 
 I told them to turn around. No telling what Andy is doing.  Not a clue. 

Before long it was time to cruise it on home......
Such a fun weekend at the beach.  We will be spending a lot of time there this summer, I already know..... bring it on!


 

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS