Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve was a fun day-- I went shopping with my mother in law and sister in law in the morning and then we came home to eat some lunch and start getting stuff ready for Christmas Eve!

We went to the 5:00 service at church, which is the kid-friendly service and it is really chaotic, but I still love it.  It is loud and hard to hear anything...but the excitement in the room is palpable!

After church, we headed over to my parents house for some fun before heading home to get ready for Santa!

Momma insisted a family picture in front of the tree...


And we got one with Mimi and Poppy too...




We always sit in the living room while Patty (my MIL) plays Christmas songs on the piano.  The kids belt out some words that may or may not be right and we all crack up.  It is a super cheesy tradition that I LOVE and we all look forward to all year.  

Then, we had a special visitor! SANTA came to visit us while making his deliveries! He had everyone sit down and he asked them who had been good....

Then he handed out some toys to everyone... 


All the cousins together with Santa...

Then....the fun really began..... Mom had some fireball chilling in the freezer.... so we started taking shots- because what else do you do on Christmas Eve???

The dads took it all in...

Trish and I bonded....

Tommy and I discussed being the outlaws of the fam.... (total joke-- we are very much a part of the family-! )

Then I tried to get a pic of me and Tricia... and failed....multiple times..

So I took a selfie right after we took a shot-- it's a winner, folks.

Next thing I knew, little people were walking into the kitchen stripped down and I knew it was time to go. 

We bathed the boys before church so it was a quick bed time when we got home... Poppy is there in the middle....

We quickly set out the presents and then went to bed.... and I set up my camera and caught Santa in our living room...!



 Here is the still of the above video, in case it isn't working.... that is my living room, with Santa himself standing right there! (the Kringl app is AMAZING, my friends....trust me)

It was a sweet Christmas Eve that ended with Mommy kissing Santa-- no mistletoe required.
 


 

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS