Thursday, May 30, 2013

Last Days of School



The week before Memorial Day weekend, both boys had their last days of school.  I was super sad about it (and not just because it meant no more "breaks" for me--and I use the word BREAK very loosely since I always have a boy by my side!), but because I am really and truly grateful to both sets of teachers for such a fabulous year.

Cal's last day was Tuesday. We had to take some pictures before we left...



Of course Andy had to sneak into the picture... he hates to have his picture taken, but insisted on being in this one!
 Annnnd, we had to do some first day/last day comparisons...Hankers is always nearby!
 Cal's teachers put together a book of his entire year... it was filled with hand print art from each season (cue the tears!) and pictures of him throughout the year.  It is absolutely precious and I adore it! I might take a picture of each page and upload them to the blog so I will always have them.

 They do an "interview" with the kids at the end of the year and they write down exactly what the kid says.  Cal's was funny....until they asked what his mommy does.  ummmm..... !!!!
 (Cal's buddy Ava said her daddy says bad words...hahahahah!!!!!)

The boys had to look for a few bugs before we headed home.

Ava's sister, Abigail, Andy's love, gave him a picture of them together for his birthday.  Andy carries it around constantly and smooches it all.the.time.  I will look in my rear view mirror and he is having a full blown convo with her and then starts kissing her-- soooo cute.  

Andy's last day was Wednesday... they had school on Friday, but we were heading out of town for Memorial Day so Wednesday was the last day! I took a bunch of pictures with my good camera and that cord is with Eddie at work, so I will add those later...

He got a belt from his buddy Jack for his birthday and he wore it to school-- suuuuper excited about it!




 annnnd..... Andy's first day!!! WOW....

Andy's teachers are freakin' hilarious...

Andy's school put on a little performance and it was about the cutest thing.  They performed several songs and Andy was dancing and singing away-- he loves music! He knew all of the movements and continues to demonstrate them at home.  I tried to get a picture of the boys after the performance, and this was the best I could get...


 Here is a link to the post I did on their first days of school.... it's amazing to see how much they have changed in a school year! (and that right there is why I blog-- it just made me SO happy to be able to go back and see where we were a few months ago... I can't urge people with kids (or without!) to blog enough-- and I am off of my soap box!)

So, now the school year is over and summer has started! We have a few camps lined up and we are going to be going to the beach a lot (I hope!).  We are also taking the boys to Mexico, which should be a lot of fun... I have a feeling the summer is going to fly by!



 

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS