Thursday, September 20, 2012

Cars Party


So, can you guess the theme of the party??

Cal is still really into Cars and all that goes with that movie so I figured it would be an easy theme to run with.  I didn't want to be too cheesy with over the top Cars stuff, but I think it might have gotten that way.  Whatever.  It was cute and Cal liked it-- what more could a momma want?!

Playnation is an indoor play facility with bounce houses, inflatable slides and playgrounds... basically a kids' dream land. 

Here are some pictures from the party...

The table set up...I found some Mater hats for the kids to wear (if they would do it....).

Cupcakes...

 More of the table...

 With daddy before the party started...

 Me and my CalBoy...

 I mean..... come on....

Excited to have Mimi there to party...

CB with the birthday boy...

Obviously, I had to get in on the fun before the guests arrived...
Cal's face in this picture makes me so happy
 Mimi took Andy down the slide too! Andy LOVES that slide.  He was going down it solo in no time. 

Eddie went with both boys...

Andy's first solo ride...

Happy!

 The Grandmas...

 My dad and brother....

It was seriously SO hard to get a picture of Cal.  He was running everywhere constantly.  I would try to get him to hold still and then he would spot something else he wanted to do and the picture would turn out like this:

One thing I thought was really neat was the handprint wall.  They trace the hands of the kids who have parties there and write their name in them.  Cal thought this was neat too...

When you have a party there, you are assigned party attendants.  We got these two girls and let me just tell you-- they were FABULOUS! There was a sign saying "Tipping the party attendants is optional, but appreciated!" and I sort of scoffed at it thinking that we were paying enough for the party there.  After about 10 minutes of watching these girls run around with the kids, ALL of the parents there wanted to tip them AND ask them to babysit!! HA! They were so wonderful with the kids and Cal was just smitten with them both.  He wanted to hold hands with them constantly, which was just precious.   



Back at the party, Andy was continuing to go down the mega slides.  He went down other slides too, and flew off the end of them repeatedly.  Eddie, who is not used to Andy's park antics, was panicked pretty much the entire time- haha.  

After play time, we headed into the party room for some pizza and cupcakes.  Some of the kids (and adults) wore the Mater hats...



Again, can you tell Cal is having a fun time?

 My niece, Catherine, is on the right-- is she not adorable? I am a sucker for pigtails.

The party room with the kids...

 Stuffing his face...

Blowing out the candle...

Taking a break to kiss nugget...

The group! This was the best we could do-- some were still running around, some had already left... sweet friends!

Cal had so much fun celebrating with his friends and family and I had the best time watching him be so happy.  I gotta tell you-- after hosting his last party at our house, it is SO much easier to have it somewhere else! They helped set up and clean up and those little party attendants served the kids.  It was awesome!

I am still in shock that CalBoy Williamson is THREE!

 

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS