Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Anniversary

One year ago today my grandfather passed away. I wrote about it here. My parents were in France and I had to be the one to call my mom to tell her the news. 

I just can NOT believe it has been a year.  I miss him so so much, and I try to look at it as a blessing.  He passed away so peacefully, and was still sharp.  He didn't have to suffer, or be (too) dependent upon others. 

These are two of my most favorite pictures of him:

Grandpa with my mom's mom-- never got to meet her, sadly, but in all honesty, I talk to her often (make fun if you must).  I truly feel like she is my angel watching over me.

and grandpa with me...I adore this man. Still.


And, on another note, crazily enough, this is also the one year anniversary of Cal being done with nursing... ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I couldn't believe it.  When Grandpa passed, I was weaning Cal down anyway to prepare for a solo trip with Eddie.  With my parents being out of town, I ended up spending a bunch of time with my grandmother and I wasn't able to run back and forth to nurse Cal, so I stopped...

How insane is it that I didn't even take a year off of nursing??  And doesn't that make it seem like time just flies? 

So, I've been a little emotional today...  my parents are away on another trip (this time to Africa!) and I think a part of me is terrified that I am going to have to call them with bad news again... how morbid is that?  But for anyone who has read this thing for a while might remember, after Grandpa passed, I had to call them when they were on yet another trip to tell them that my grandmother required emergency surgery... not a very good record.  For a while we joked that they just weren't allowed to travel.  Ever again. ;)


No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS