Friday, March 4, 2011

me = hot mess

I am not one of those moms that drops off their kid when they go on vacation and skips away happily.  Things would be easier if it was like that....

Eddie and I are leaving tomorrow morning for Utah.  I am calling it our Babymoon.  Cal spent some time over at my parents' house today since we had a showing and I went over when he work up from his nap.  I was all weepy starting from when he went down for his nap, and it's been downhill since. 

I put him to bed in their crib (and let me tell you-- he LOVES being over there. LOVES it), and started bawling.  It hasn't stopped yet.  I am such a baby.

My sweet little Cal Boy is going to have the best time over at Grandma and Grandpa's house, and I know he will, I am not worried about him....I am worried about me!!!!  The last time we left him we were headed to a tropical island where the rum drinks were flowing, and every time I started to miss him, I would order another drink (makes me sound pretty bad, huh?).  This time, Eddie will be skiing all day and I will be.....??   Resting?  Sleeping?  Walking around?  NOT drinking!  And NOT thinking about Cal....right?!?!

So anyway, I am going to take my blubbering self upstairs to finish packing and then I am going to bed early.  I am going to need lots of rest to make these puffy eyes go down :)  I am such a drama queen-- don't you love me??

PS-- I would love it if any of you reading this that can sympathize would comment telling me that I am not alone....thank you :)

3 comments:

Brooke said...

You're not alone. Emerson is 3 and I still cry every time I leave her. I used to bawl, but now it's just tears. I start to think the worst, like what if this is the last time I ever see her, etc. etc. (sorry that probably just made it worse for you). But for some reason, it is just hard for me to leave that little girl. It gets better with time, but it doesn't ever go away, at least not for me (yet)!! Have a great trip!!

Abby M. Interiors said...

Oh Carrie-
Don't forget you're pregnant so your emotions are magnified by a thousand! I do wish you could have a drink though. ;-) ENJOY your vacation and the quiet of being alone while the hubby skiis. Trust me, with two boys, you will rarely have a moment of quiet again. xoxo

Jill said...

I think I would be the same way! I haven't left my kids yet but we are planning a trip for our ten year anniversary and I am already sad-it's a year and a half away! Really, enjoy your trip. It will be a lot harder for you to go away with two;)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS