Sunday, July 11, 2010

Who reads this anyway?

Eddie was giving me a hard time the other day because I really enjoy reading other's blogs and I like to update ours as well. He asked me if anyone actually read The Williamson Family blog.

It got me thinking... Most of my posts do not have comments on them, but friends will often comment in person that they loved the post about ______, or they thought the story about Cal throwing his poo was hilarious.

I added a "counter" button on the side of the blog and was blown away by the numbers! It has had over 3,000 views since I installed the button, and that was less than a month ago. Then, I added the device on the side so you can see where people are from who read your blog-- that is THE coolest part! I love to think of people in Indiana and Charlotte and Massachusetts reading this blog! Do I even know anyone living in Massachusetts??

I do not make my blog public knowledge on facebook or anything like that. I don't have a real reason not to, but some of the things I write are more private and I like to think of my blogging "family" as a little closer than my facebook family (which is ironic in itself because I can choose to be friends with someone on facebook, but I cannot choose who reads this....hmmmmm). If a friend on facebook asks for the blog address, I send it to them via private message as opposed to writing it on their wall. Again, I have no real reason for this-- a blog is meant to be public, right?

The whole purpose of this post is to say HI to those of you who read this that I don't know about. It makes my day when someone tells me they read my blog. I have several girlfriends from college who have told me that follow it now and I love that!

You think your life is trivial and who would really care to read about your day to day boring chores, but apparently, I am more exciting than I thought: YEEHAW, y'all!

(now post a comment, will ya??)

7 comments:

Chats with Jack said...

I read your blog--but you already knew that! ;-) Can't wait to see how your photo shoot turns out. I'm glad you had such a nice time at the lake with your parents. GREAT pictures!

Steph said...

girl you know i read!! welcome back :) looks like the beach was so much fun!!

Sweet Treats and Baby Feet said...

you know i am a faithful reader:) btw do you have access to mine now that it is private?

Williamson's said...

yes, Jill! I love your blog...well, I think i still read it-- have you updated it lately? The last post I read was about loving your family. Have you done one more recent than that? LOVE YOU!!! xoxo

The Schaaf Family said...

Hey Carrie! I came across your blog a couple of months ago while checking out someone elses. You have the cutest family and I love reading all about Cal and how much he is changing. It is really helpful to me as well, being a first time mom! I hope you guys are enjoying your summer!

Alyssa said...

I am in Boston! So it was probably me that you see in Mass. I check a few times a week and love watching your little man grow!

Sweet Treats and Baby Feet said...

yes i have, i think i need to renew your subscription...i will send you a new update;)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS