Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Sad Anniversary

This past Saturday, the 14th, marked the one year anniversary of my miscarriage. I can't believe I am writing about it in such a public way, but I am not embarrassed about it, and I find when I talk about to people, there is someone else that has either experienced it themselves, or knows someone that has gone through it.

Last year, I found out I was pregnant on a Sunday, and I was beyond excited. It was still early, but we were super thrilled. We told our families and a lot of our close friends. That Friday I woke up to go to work, and I got my period :(. I was devastated. I had to go into work and try to hide my tears the whole day. I got into the doctor's office where they checked me and said it appeared to be a miscarriage, but wanted to do blood tests to confirm.

I was going to NYC with my mom for our annual "girl's trip" that afternoon, so while I was in the airport about to board my plane, the doctor called to confirm what I already knew.

It was SUCH a sad day, but I think that by going through it, it made me appreciate my pregnancy with Cal.

Looking back, I am able to see that it was God's way of taking care of an unhealthy baby, but at the time, it was difficult not to blame myself and think about everything I ate or drank to see if it was something I did.... well, it wasn't.

Sometimes you have to go through hard times like that in order to appreciate the true blessings that you are given. I sooooo appreciate my sweet little blessing.

For those of you that read this, if you have a miscarriage, know that you are not alone! It happens to a LOT of people! It is God's way of taking care of things and having you appreciate the blessings He gives you.

xxxxxooooo

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS